14 June, 2008

President

Well it's official. Ron Paul is no longer a candidate for President. He has started a movement and website to move us forward to Liberty. What do we do now. I don't think I can ever vote for McCain. He is a Democrat in everything but name. He is certainly less evil than Barak Hussein Obama, but then again who isn't. I have a real hard time with the vote for the lesser of two evils thought pattern. If I admit that a man is evil and I vote for him, can I stand up to GOD and say I did the right thing. Many people say that a vote for a third party candidate is a wasted vote, is it? In a way yes, if you don't vote or vote for someone who can not possibly win then you have not helped get the lesser evil elected. However that is only the short term view. Our two party system has worked to the detriment of freedom in the US. In the long term I think that if a large percentage of the voters said I am not voting for anyone evil and voted their conscience that it could be the beginning of a turnaround for our country. Chuck Baldwin is the Constitution Party candidate and Bob Barr is the Libertarian Party candidate. These two men are only slightly more likely to win the 2008 election than I am. But a vote for either of them is a statement that we no longer want only 2 choices.

Who will I vote for? At this point I am not sure. Chuck Baldwin and the Constitution Party come closer to my views, but Chuck Baldwin doesn't have a past voting record to see if his rhetoric matches his votes and the Constitution Party may not be on the ballot in Texas. Bob Barr has a decent record as a member of Congress, but not great. His views of freedom may have been improving, but it could be for show. The Libertarian Party will be on the ballot in Texas. At this point if both are on the ballot I will probably vote for Baldwin, but if the Constitution Party doesn't get on the ballot then I will probably vote for Barr instead of writing in Baldwin. But I have some time to make a final decision.

2 comments:

Julie Zesch said...

Can we take all our Ron Paul sign down now?
Annie

RZ said...

I figured we would wait until we knew who we were going to support and then change them out.